Ginger Snap Crafts: Super Hero Backpacks {tutorial} #SilhouetteChallenge

Super Hero Backpacks {tutorial} #SilhouetteChallenge

Hello! It’s the 2nd Monday of the month which means it’s time for another Silhouette Challenge! :) A group of some of my favorite bloggers get together each month to share our latest Silhouette creations. This month’s theme is “My Favorite Things”. So that means just about anything goes! One of my favorite things to do with my Silhouette is to make stencils. So today I am going to show you how I made these Super Hero Backpacks with my kiddos’ initials on them using a stencil I cut with my Silhouette. I’ll also have links to 30 other fabulous Silhouette projects. So keep reading! ;)

Super Hero Backpacks at GingerSnapCrafts.com #superhero #backpack #fabricpaint #tutorial

backpack boy

For this project you’ll need a few supplies:

super hero shield monogram images {find them here}
Silhouette CAMEO
SIlhouette Chipboard
canvas backpack
fabric paint
paint brushes
pencil

decoart painting tutorial 7decoart paint tutorial

First you will cut the monogram out using your Silhouette & the chipboard. Then slide a piece of cardboard inside your backpack. This will make it so the paint will not bleed through. Plus it makes it a nice solid surface to trace your stencil on.

decoart paint tutorial 2

Then you will lightly trace the image onto your bag with a pencil.

decoart paint tutorial 3

Then using your paint brush & fabric paint you will start painting away! :)

decoart paint tutorial 4

I did the lighter color first & then the darker color last.

decoart paint tutorial 5

Now all you have to do is wait on it to dry! ;)

decoart paint tutorial 6

These backpacks are great for carrying the kids towels to the pool or books to the library. They’d also make great travel bags to hold activities & games for those long summer road trips. :)

stenciled backpack for kids

Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge friends & I are all sharing projects on our blogs today,
so check out the projects below for TONS of Silhouette inspiration!

A Gift for the Bride-to-BeSilhouette Challenge: My Favorite ThingsMy Favorite Things Keepsake BoxPrintable Tattoos for Crafters & DIYersSuper Hero BackpacksGeometric Two Tone Shirt RefashionInstagram Paper AlbumReasons I Love DaddyCtrl Alt Del PillowsOutside Decor: DIY Pallet Board SignYo-Ho It's a Pirate Party How To Use Silhouette Sketch PensCombining My Favorite Things, Baking and Crafting - July Silhouette ChallengePride & Prejudice Subway Style ArtFavorite Silhouette ChallengeJust umm, Let it GoTemporary My Little Pony TattoosMike Holmes Baby OnesieMonogram It: A Memo Board MakeoverSuper Room RedoThe Best Summer Ever Freebie and TutorialSummertime ToesCrafty Girls Hair Accessories HolderWatercolor Wall ArtIce Cream Cone T-ShirtSun Fun ShirtFamily Wall Art: Scrabble EditionServing Tray UpcycleMaking Custom Rhinestone DesignsEtched Glass CoastersChurch Nursery Wall Quote
1. Just a Girl and Her Blog // 2. The Frill of Life // 3. A Time For Seasons // 4. The Thinking Closet // 5. Ginger Snap Crafts // 6. Grey Luster Girl // 7. Simply Kelly Designs // 8. Home At Eight // 9. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 10. My Paper Craze // 11. Mama Sonshine // 12. Practically Functional // 13. Adventures in All Things Food // 14. Two Purple Couches // 15. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 16. Sowdering About // 17. Cutesy Crafts // 18. My Mom Made That // 19. Pitter and Glink // 20. Pineapples And Pinecones // 21. Dream a Little Bigger // 22. McCall Manor // 23. TitiCrafty // 24. unOriginal Mom // 25. Persia Lou // 26. Lil Mrs Tori // 27. Home. Made. Interest. // 28. Sandpaper and Glue // 29. Silhouette School // 30. Creative Ramblings // 31. My Favorite Finds

Super Hero Backpacks at GingerSnapCrafts.com #superhero #backpack #fabricpaint #tutorial

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.