Ginger Snap Crafts: guest blogger {Randi from Dukes and Duchesses}

guest blogger {Randi from Dukes and Duchesses}

I’m so excited to have Randi from Dukes and Duchesses over today! 
{In case you haven’t heard already Randi was
the winner of Season 8 of So You Think You’re Crafty!}
She is one wonderfully talented lady & momma to 5!  So glad to have her here.
_________________________________________________________
 
I'm Randi from Dukes and Duchesses and I'm so happy to be posting here at Ginger Snap Crafts for the Back to School series. I have five kids and I really love to celebrate the milestones in life.  We always celebrate the first day of school with a special treat but a little treat can be made anytime for a special after-school snack.  I'm going to share two super simple school day treats with you. This year, for our first day of school treat I made Krispy Apple Treats from Gourmet Mom on the Go.  They were a big hit with my kids and they loved taking the extras in their lunchboxes.  I followed the recipe from Gourmet Mom on the Go with one change: I used green Starburst candies for the leaves rather than royal icing {I microwaved each candy for seven seconds
and then shaped the softened candy into a leaf shape}.
 
 
 
It's always fun to have a snack waiting after school
and this second idea is both fun and healthy. 
Inspired by this idea, I served milk out of sprinkle-rimmed glasses.
I dipped the edges of the glasses in white chocolate and then stuck them in
alphabet and number sprinkles {found here}.  I used disposable glasses so I didn't have to
spend the remainder of the afternoon scraping melted chocolate off cups.
 
 
 
Enjoy these school treats and I hope you'll stop by Dukes and Duchesses to say hi!
___________________________________________________
 
Thanks so much for sharing those awesome after school treats, Randi!
{Make sure you stop by Dukes and Duchesses…you’ll be glad you did.}
 
Remember if YOU have a fabulous back to school treat to share… link it up {here}.