Ginger Snap Crafts: fab friday {#2 organization magnetic board}

fab friday {#2 organization magnetic board}

IMG_03511

My #2 back to school help is my kiddo’s

Organization Magnetic Board.

{I totally copied Amy from The Idea Room on this one!}

You can check out her more organized version:

hereHere’s ours:

IMG_0004

We’ve been using ours for about a year and a half.  {Love it!}

One of my favorite things is that each kid has their own spot!

We use this for the kid’s artwork & for their school stuff like

spelling list, homework, reading logs,

permission slips, important notes, awards & lunch menus. 

{My other favorite thing….it keeps stuff OFF the fridge!  Yeah!}

IMG_0006IMG_0007IMG_0011 

It was pretty easy to make!  Thanks to my super handy husband!  Thanks, honey!

We bought the trim from Home Depot.  {I think I even have the same trim as Amy’s!}

My hubby used glue & dowels to hold it all together.  Then I painted it black.

We found a roll of sheet metal in the roofing section, & then cut it into 5 pieces to fit our frame. 

Then we just staple gunned the sheet metal to the back. 

My husband routed two small holes on the top two corner pieces to hang it up with.

IMG_0013IMG_0014IMG_0022IMG_0016

I cut the kid’s names in black vinyl in the smiley monster font & then labeled each section. 

{I think this was my first project with my Silhouette!}

We have this long wall in our kitchen that I never knew what to do with!  Now I do!

Our organization magnetic board has a perfect spot! {Love it! Did I already say that??!!}

IMG_0030   IMG_0032

Remember next week I’ll be sharing my #1 back to school help!  Make sure you follow along!

Hope you all are having a fabulous Friday! 

See you on Monday with some more of YOUR back to school ideas!

{You can still link up your back to school ideas here.}

Serenity you

ps  Just meet a new blogger trying to get her link party off the ground

…let’s show our support!  {We all love a good party!}