Ginger Snap Crafts: monday's mom {cute & easy t-shirt}

monday's mom {cute & easy t-shirt}


On Friday I showed you how I made the shorts {you can check them out here},
& now I'll show you how I made this super cute & easy shirt to match! :)
Yes, this is another project your kiddos will LOVE to help out on!


You'll need a plain t-shirt.  {I just used one we already had.}
Put a piece of cardboard inside your shirt just in case the paint bleeds through later on.


I cut a vinyl stencil out using my Silhouette
I made a 7 inch circle & then put my daughter's name inside using the Howser font.


Apply your vinyl to the t-shirt.  Make sure you smooth it down really, really good.
You don't want any air pockets or edges not pressed down all the way.
I used hot pink paint & this cool little paint brush. :)


When you apply your paint you want to tap, tap, tap. 
 No brushing it back & forth.  Just tapping. :)


You could probably get by with one coat of paint.  I did two just to be sure.
After your paint is completely dry carefully lift off your vinyl stencil.


I was really amazed on how good a job the vinyl was as a stencil.
Now I've got all kinds of projects whirling around in my head. :)  The possibilities are endless. :)


{Looks super cute paired with her matching bandana shorts!}

Busy day here at Ginger Snap Crafts!
Today I'm guest blogging over at the fabulous 36th Avenue.

36th Avenue
 
& I'm the Homemade Hotshot over at Momma's Kinda Crafty.
{There's a Ginger Snaps etsy shop discount code over there, too!!}
{Check it out here!}



Happy Monday, everyone!
Hope you all have a fabulous week!