Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Confetti Poppers with Cricut Explore Air™ {tutorial}

DIY Confetti Poppers with Cricut Explore Air™ {tutorial}

Hello there! I’m back with another fun Cricut project for you! Like you may be too, I am pretty new to the Cricut family. I can count the number of projects I’ve made with my Cricut on one hand (well….maybe two now!). So I am learning along with you! In the next little while, I’ll be answering a different Cricut question in each of my post. I hope by doing that we all learn a lot more about how this little machine works, what it can do & soon we will be spitting out Cricut projects all over the place. ha! So let’s get started! Today I’d love to show you how I made these cute DIY Confetti Poppers with my Cricut Explore Air™.

DIY Confetti Poppers at GingerSnapCrafts.com #madewithCricut

confetti party favors

The question I’m tackling today is ~

Will it be easy for me to use the Cricut software to create Make it Now projects?

Cricut Question Series at GingerSnapCrafts.com

The answer is YES! Oh my goodness…YES! This might be my favorite feature from Cricut yet. If you open up Cricut Design Space on your computer, you will see literally hundreds of Make it Now projects. I wanted to make some party favors. We have TONS of birthdays in April in our family. So I clicked on party & events & 900+ parties & events Make it Now projects popped up. I simply scrolled through & found the one I wanted to use.

cricut

I clicked on that link. Annnnd look a complete project description, materials list & instructions popped up!

poppers

All I had to do was gather my materials, plug in my machine & get started. :)

For this project I used:
Cricut® 12x12 StandardGrip Adhesive Cutting Mat
Cricut® Poster Board, Metallics
Cricut® Tool Spatula
Cricut® Tool Scissors
Cricut Explore Air™
confetti
scrapbook paper*
twine
tape
toilet paper rolls

**Note: Instead of wrapping paper that this project called for, I just used thin scrapbook paper, & it worked perfectly.

cricut supplies

What I love most about the Make it Now projects is that I didn’t have to size anything, design anything or really do anything besides loading my material in the machine & pushing go on my Cricut machine. It was awesome & so easy!

cricut 1

First, I cut out my the popper wrappers. I used my spatula tool to carefully remove these from the cutting mat. Next time I might use the lightgrip cutting mat instead.

cricut 2

Then I cut out the confetti using some of the fun metallic poster board from Cricut.

cricut 3

Then I covered the toilet paper rolls with the scrapbook paper using tape.

cricut 4

cricut 5

Then fill with confetti. I learned a little bit of confetti goes a long way! ha! So about half full is plenty!

cricut 8

Tie the ends tightly together with twine.

cricut 6

All done! :)

cricut 7

These poppers are sure to add a lot of fun to your next party!

confetti poppers

Annnnnnnnnnnd no one will have to know how easy they were to make! ha! ;)

confetti party favors

confetti poppers for a party

Click the pictures below for some of my favorite Cricut projects. :)

Simple Quote Block at GingerSnapCrafts.com #cricut #mothersday #quotes_thumb

Easy DIY sign with Cricut at GingerSnapCrafts.com #madewithCricut

huge laundry room sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com #madewithCricut #cricutmade

Do you have a Cricut? No? What would like to make if you did?
Let me know in the comments below.  I’d love to hear!


You can purchase the Cricut Explore Air™ (the one I use) here.

DIY Confetti Poppers at GingerSnapCrafts.com #madewithCricut

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

Yum

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.