Ginger Snap Crafts: Giant BOO Sign {tutorial}

Giant BOO Sign {tutorial}

This post was first seen over on The Idea Room.
 
I shared this Giant Boo Sign last week on The Idea Room. Annnd since Halloween is in 3 days (Eek!) I thought I’d better hurry up & share it over here, too. You have just enough time to put one together. ha! Or better yet pin it for next year!

materials:
piece of plywood
1x2 board for trim pieces
paint (white, black & orange)
hand sander
nail gun & nails
outdoor decoupage
foam paint brush
wood glue
black vinyl
wooden letters to spell BOO
miter saw
 
First, I cut a piece of plywood 28 inches x 12 inches, and then cut 4 trim pieces using a 1x2 board (two are cut to 29 1/2 inches long and the shorter ones measure 13 1/4 inches long). Angle the ends to 45 degrees. Then I sanded everything really well, and then painted the trim black & the sign board white.
 
 
Once everything was dried. I used a nail gun to attach my frame.
 
 
I painted the BOO letters orange & used black vinyl cut into 1/4 inch strips to make stripes.
 
 
Flip your letter over, & then use an X-ACTO knife to trim off the excess.


 
 
 
Since this sign was going to go on my front porch.
I gave the letters a good coat of outdoor decoupage with a foam brush.
 

Next, I glued my letters on my board with wood glue. Let dry.
 
 
The last thing I did was add a few spooky vinyl bats! All done!
 
 
You can check out more of my fun Halloween projects by clicking {HERE}!


Check out these other cute Halloween signs I made!


Easy Halloween Signs at GingerSnapCrafts.com #halloween #DIY #homedecor

I made the Eek sign the exact same way that I made the BOO sign. I just painted my letters & added vinyl polka dots to the background. Too cute. The spider is from Silhouette (affiliate), & I stuck in on a scrap piece of lumber that I painted black. Easy peasy! Now I’m ready for Trick or Treaters. :) Check out our front door!
 
front door

Check out the Holiday Series over on The Idea Room by clicking the picture below.
Enjoy! Have an amazing weekend! I’ll see you next week!
 
idea-room-holiday-series-banner
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb_thumb

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.