Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Ribbon Wreath {tutorial}

DIY Ribbon Wreath {tutorial}

This DIY Ribbon Wreath was first seen over on See Vanessa Craft.

Eek Ribbon Wreath at GingerSnapCrafts.com #wreath #Halloween #ribbon

Good morning! It’s Friday ~ time for another Halloween craft. Annnnnd this easy DIY Ribbon Wreath would be the perfect addition to your front door. Best of all, it’s super easy to make & the kiddos can even get involved. Let’s get started!

eek wreath

Supplies:
metal wreath frame
lots of ribbon*
scissors
wooden letters to spell EEK
paint
paint brush
sand paper

*This much ribbon can get quite expensive if you went out & bought it. I was lucky & was sent all this ribbon for free from the company a few years ago. You could also use strips of fabric for a less expensive option.

ribbon supplies

First, I cut my ribbon in 13 inch lengths. My 9 year old daughter helped me do this!

ribbon crafts

Then we started tying on the strips of ribbon. I just used a single knot tied tightly.

ribbon wreath tutorial

You just keep going around until your wreath is as fluffy & big as you want it. I didn’t take a picture of this step, but be sure to trim all the frayed edges off when you done tying.


easy ribbon crafts

Next, I painted my letters. Let them dry.

ribbon crafts for Halloween

I distressed them a little bit. Then I hot glued ribbon on the back & tied them to my wreath.

wooden letters

I think it’s a fun addition to my front door for Halloween. :)

eek wreath

wreath

Check out more Halloween fun over on See Vanessa Craft. #30CraftyDaysofHalloween

Pumpkin: Stages of Halloween Pumpkin Being Carved

Have a great weekend! I’ll see you back here on Monday!

Eek Ribbon Wreath at GingerSnapCrafts.com #wreath #Halloween #ribbon

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.