Ginger Snap Crafts: National Teddy Bear Day Craft {tutorial}

National Teddy Bear Day Craft {tutorial}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareaBear #CollectiveBias

Good morning! I hope you all had an awesome Labor Day weekend! Ours was fabulous! Today, September 6th, we have another holiday to celebrate ~ National Teddy Bear Day. It might be slightly less known as Labor Day, but it is definitely the cutest holiday by far! ha! This makes September a very special month for Snuggle®, since their mascot is a very snuggly & cute bear! You’ve seen him, right? For the second year in a row, Snuggle® is hosting a special #ShareABear campaign to help make the world a sweeter place, one cute teddy bear at a time. Snuggle® plans to donate 5,000 bears to kiddos in need this year. Receiving a thoughtful gift can make such a huge difference to a child ~ especially a teddy bear. You can help celebrate by sharing your favorite teddy bears & teddy bear stories on social media using the hashtag #ShareaBear. I’m excited to celebrate & share my favorite teddy bear story today, & I’m also sharing this cute National Teddy Bear Day Craft with you. Let’s get started!

Old Bear Sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com #diy #sign #homedecor

snuggle

I picked up this Snuggle® Blue Sparkle® at my local store. It’s my favorite. You can also find the new Snuggle® PLUS SuperFresh™ & Snuggle® Exhilarations® Cherry Blossom & Rosewood™ in select stores. Look for it! I remember growing up my mom loved to use Snuggle®. Annnnnd she had an even bigger obsession with the Snuggle® Bear! ha! Here’s a picture of my cute parents! Anyways, I guess my dad figured this out, & one day came home with a Snuggle® bear for my mom! To my mom this was better than flowers or diamonds! She loved that bear. It set on her bed for many years. I’m not sure if the grandkids have snuck it away or if it’s been misplaced, but I haven’t seen her Snuggle® bear around the last few years. So I thought it would be fun to send her a new bear along with a cute old bear & his honey plaque that describes my parents perfectly! ha!

14183781_10209326714957838_2879386185389823721_n

Let me show you how I made it.

You will need:
wood plaque (8x12 inches)
wire
ribbon
wire cutters
paint
paint brush
sandpaper
vinyl lettering (I found this image in the Silhouette online store.)
drill

supplies

First, I painted my board, let dry & then distressed it with sandpaper.

sign tutorial

Next, I applied my vinyl lettering.

sign

I drilled two holes along the top & cut a piece of wire to fit.

bear sign tutorial

Stick your wire threw the hole, then twist the wire & trim.

wire hanger

Attach a cute piece of ribbon.

ribbon

Isn’t that adorable? I hope my parents love it! I know my mom will. ha! I don’t know about the old bear. ;)

Snuggle Fabric Softener

I’ve packed it up & will drop it in the mail this week.

gift idea

Remember if want to add that little extra something to your laundry, try Snuggle®. It’s my favorite brand of fabric conditioner that helps Moms & Dads to create even more snuggly moments. Snuggle® can bring Snuggly Softness™ & super long lasting fresh scents at a great value to your laundry room.

IMG_0216

***Always remember to follow the directions for use on the packaging exactly, and be sure to not to over use the Snuggle® products by putting too much product into one washer load.***

snuggle

The best place to learn more is to swing by the Snuggle® Bear Den right {HERE}. You’ll find special offers & prizes there, too! Annnnd don’t forget to join along in the #ShareABear spirit all September long by sharing your stories, special memories, and pictures of you & those you love with their teddy bears on your social media channels. You can also join the fun on Snuggle®’s facebook page. Did you have a teddy bear growing up? Do you have a special teddy bear story? Feel free to share. I’d love to hear! :)

Old Bear Sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com #diy #sign #homedecor

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.