Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Pom Poms {tutorial}

DIY Pom Poms {tutorial}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #NotSoFastMom #CollectiveBias

Hello! Are you ready for some football? Eek! I am! ha! This time of year is my favorite! It’s fall, the weather is cooling off (finally) & every Friday night you can find my entire family at the high school football game! Go Hawks! Our whole town is pumped for football season. Last year we made it to the state semi-finals. Annnnd we are hoping to go all the way this year. My 13 year old son plays on the 8th & 9th grade JV team & my daughter is in the high school marching band. So yep, football season is a family affair around our house. Annnnnd to keep us all hydrated at the games & after practices we always have plenty of POWERADE stocked in the fridge & in my game bag. I also have my bag packed with my camera, snacks & of course, pom poms to help cheer on the team. Today I am excited to share how I made these DIY Pom Poms that are perfect for the sideline, at a football themed party or at home when you are cheering on your favorite team. Let’s get started! :)

DIY Pom Poms at GingerSnapCrafts.com #pompoms #schoolspirit

powerade

I love taking care of my kiddos. I’m always there making sure their uniforms are washed, all their gear is together & of course, making sure they have plenty to drink & that they have everything else they need to make their football & band practices successful. POWERADE is the perfect drink to keep on hand. I always keep our outside fridge (the one in the garage) stocked full of POWERADE. I always grab one when I’m on my way out to pick up my son from football practice. Practice can take a lot out of him & POWERADE can help him power through the rest of the day. I love the 12 pack 12 oz. bottles you can find at Walmart. They are the perfect size to grab & go.

Alright, let me brag on my boy! ha! This is his 3rd year playing football. This first year he literally would not get any playtime. It was so frustrating to him (& me!). He has worked so hard & improved a bunch. Annnnd this year he is the starting corner on our 8th/9th grade team! Eek! He also plays running back! That’s him with the ball! Yep, we are finally seeing some playtime! Yay!

football

rylan

rylanbowie

Annnnd after every game I have a POWERADE waiting for him!!! :)

powerade football

Alright, let’s get to that pom pom tutorial!

For this project you will need:
3 cheap plastic table cloths (54 in. x 108 in., rectangle) (I found these at Walmart in the party section.)
scissors
black duct tape
ruler or tape measurer

You will have enough to make TWO pom poms.

supplies

First, cut your table cloths into 12 inch x 24 inch rectangles. Divide into two equal stacks.

pom poms

Use a ruler to make 1 inch slits on the long end of one of your stacks.

how to make your own pom poms

Continue cutting the slits up. Leave about 3 1/2 inches uncut.

DIY Pom Poms

Gather the uncut end & secure with duct tape.

pom pom handle

Add more duct tape until you have a handle.

cheerleading pom poms

Fluff your pom pom.

pom pom tutorial

To get them super fluffy, stuff them inside a cup & leave them there for an hour or two.

fluff the pop poms

Repeat the steps with the other stack & now you have two pom poms to cheer with! Go fight win!

cheer pom poms

Remember POWERADE and Walmart are a winning combination for busy moms.

powerade at walmart

Look for POWERADE in the drink aisle. Your player will thank you for it! ha!

powerade for high school

So if you are celebrating at home or cheering on your player from the sidelines, you can make the most of your game day by checking out NotSoFastMom.com for more fun football tips. You’ll also see ESPN’s Lee Corso & his #NotSoFastMom tips on how you can be the play maker for your kiddos.

How do you keep your kiddos hydrated? Do you have any fun high school football game traditions? How do your root for your favorite team? I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below!

DIY Pom Poms at GingerSnapCrafts.com #pompoms #schoolspirit

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.