Ginger Snap Crafts: Washer Necklaces {tutorial}

Washer Necklaces {tutorial}

Hello! Today is the first day of school. Annnnd today my missionary son hits his 2 month mark. Yep….I’m a little emotional! ha! I love being a mom so much! My kiddos are the best. I know I’m a little prejudice, but it’s true! :) I love making fun crafts with my kiddos! These fun Washer Necklaces are the perfect craft to do with your preteen girls. My daughter loved making these with me, & I know your girls will love making them, too! Let’s get started!

washer necklaces at GingerSnapCrafts.com #kidcrafts #crafts

For this project you will need:
washers (2 sizes)
scrapbook paper
Mod Podge
foam paint brush
paper plate
ball chain & clasp
Silhouette (optional)

washer necklaces supplies

I used 5/16 inch & 7/16 inch washers for my necklaces.

washer crafts

I used thick scrapbook paper to make my circles. You can either trace your washers & cut them out or use a Silhouette or other digital craft cutter. I chose to use my Silhouette. It’s much faster! If you have a Silhouette as well, you can download the free cute file right {HERE}.

washer crafts for kids

Next I chose two coordinating scrapbook paper circles that I wanted to use.

washer summer crafts

Then put a layer of Mod Podge on the washer, then put on your paper circle & then put a layer of Mod Podge on top. Let dry.

washer craft necklaces

After they are nice & dry hang them on the ball chains.

washer necklace

That’s it. All done. Aren’t they cute?

washer necklace tutorial

Do you want more fun ideas to do with your kiddos? Check out these fun tutorials…..

tie dye balloon flip flop tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com_thumb_thumb[3]

tie dye balloon flip flops

can stilts at GingerSnapCrafts.com #upcycle #recycle #kidcraft @decoart_thumb_thumb[1]

can stilts

Capri Sun Hair Clippies Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #caprisunmomfactor #spon_thumb[2]_thumb[1]

Capri Sun clippies

Let me know what you love to make with your kiddos in the comments below! :)

washer necklaces at GingerSnapCrafts.com #kidcrafts #crafts

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.