Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Photo Memory Board {tutorial}

DIY Photo Memory Board {tutorial}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateAmazingMoms #CollectiveBias

Good morning! Being a mom is one the hardest & most rewarding jobs in the world! A funny story ~ soon after we got married I told my hubby I didn’t even like kids! I am the oldest of 7, & I wasn’t in any hurry to have kiddos! Buuuut boy am I’m glad we did! I can’t imagine not being a mom! I know I have been influenced by so many amazing women in my life. They have helped shape me into the women & mom I am today! So today’s post is all about celebrating the moms in your life. I know my mom loves to get pictures of my kiddos. So this year for Mother’s Day I will be giving her (& my mother in law) one of these cute DIY Photo Memory Board with some new photos of the grandkids along with a cute card that says just the right thing from American Greetings. So let’s get started!

DIY Photo Memory Board at GingerSnapCrafts.com

photo display board

Before we get to that tutorial I want to share how much my mom means to me! She has always been there for me & my sisters & brother. She is our biggest cheerleader! She is definitely a lady that I want to celebrate on Mother’s Day & everyday! The picture below is of my mom & 2 of my 5 sisters & me a few years ago. I love these ladies so much! I’ll also be celebrating my hubby’s mom this year. We are lucky enough to live super close to my husband’s parents. So we will actually be able to go over to their house & take this photo display board & card to her on Mother’s Day. The kiddos will love doing that! I am so grateful to her for raising such an incredible man to be my hubby! Really ~ shouldn’t all Moms be celebrated?! (Let me know who you will be celebrating in the comments below.)

time out

It’s so important to take time to celebrate all the moms & women in your life! A simple card to let them know you are thinking of them & appreciate them can do so much to lift them up & make them feel special & loved! Making a handmade gift to go along with that card will bring a smile to their faces, too! So let’s get to that tutorial! :) First, you’ll need to gather a few supplies.

supplies

For this project you will need:
board (7 inches x 16 inches)
palm sander & sandpaper
paint
picture hanging wire
eyelets
sawtooth hanger & nails
hammer
drill
pencil
paint & roller brush
wire cutters
clips
vinyl lettering (optional)
distressing ink
spray adhesive
American Greetings wrapping paper, 1 roll

American Greeting Wrapping

First, you will sand & then paint your boards. Once dried, I distressed the edges.

mother's day gift ideas

Next, trace your board onto the back of the wrapping paper with a pencil.

wrapping paper crafts

Cut it out just a little bit inside the lines. You want the paper to be just a bit smaller than your board.

wrapping paper craft ideas 
Using spray adhesive stick your wrapping paper to your board. Smooth it down with your hand. Make sure you get out any bubbles. Then if desired, distress your wrapping paper using distressing ink & transfer tape.

distressing technique

Next, screw in your 2 eyelets (one of each end at the top of your board). I put them about 1/2 inch from the top & side. I predrilled a small hole before screwing in the eyelets by hand.

crafts for Mother's Day

Then stretch a piece of picture frame wire between the two eyelets.

crafts for moms

Next, add some clips to hang the pictures. You could also use mini clothespins.

photo display ideas 

The last thing I did was add some vinyl lettering to the bottom corner.

memories

Add some cute pictures of the grandkids. Annnnd you are done! :)

gift ideas

For the perfect touch we will add a cute American Greetings card when we give these gifts to our Grandmas. I know my mom loves to get cards. She always lines them up on her mantel. :) I thought these two cards were especially cute! I loved the ribbon & ric rac on them! Too cute! I bought the turquoise one for my hubby’s mom & the bright pink one for my mom.

Mother's Day Cards

American Greetings at Walmart

I don’t know about you, but there isn’t anything that says Mother’s Day more than chocolate! ha! I *need* some chocolate just about everyday though (ha!), but especially on Mother’s Day. So I also made some cute little goody bags with lots of fun tissue paper & Dove chocolate inside to give to our Grandmas, too.

dove chocolate

American Greetings Tissue

gift ideas for mom

You can find everything you need to make these cute Mother’s Day gift ideas at Walmart. Annnnd if you need some supplies to wrap a gift (or make a craft!) American Greetings has got you covered in the gift wrap aisle! They have so many fun things ~ gift tags, ribbon, bows, gift bags & boxes, gift wrap & more! Eek!

American Greetings 

display board tutorial

You can keep in touch with American Greetings over on Facebook & Pinterest & on Twitter & Instagram using the handle @amgreetings. :) Remember American Greetings Mother's Day Cards can celebrate any mother or women on your life. Think of those special women that have made a HUGE difference in your life. Let them know you are thinking of them with a card & sweet note!

photo display board

Be sure to hop right over {HERE} for tons of Mother's Day Inspiration! Also, be sure to look out for a special Walmart.com offer “Spend $5 on any American Greetings products & Save $2" that will be live on April 25th! Eek!

DIY Photo Memory Board at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.