Ginger Snap Crafts: fab friday {#4 backpack hooks}

fab friday {#4 backpack hooks}

I actually shared this one at the Brassy Apple last month when I was
helping out with her fabulous Back to "Cool" series. {So fun!}
[So if you caught it there…you had a little sneak peak!}
 
IMG_0235
 
Most of you know that I have 5 kiddos....3 of which are in school. 
So we have to be organized to control all the clutter
that goes along with going back to school.
Today I'm going to share my {#4 back to school help}.
Remember I’m counting down to #1…so make sure you follow along!
 
A cute & easy backpack hang out
  
 
We went from this to this...aah...so much better!
 
Last year my kiddos would come in from the bus
& just drop their backpacks right on the floor in front of the door...grrrr!
We were always tripping over backpacks, & it was hard to open the door.
 
So my solution was to make this "hang out" for all the backpacks.
 
 
All you need is a piece of wood {mine measures about 8 inches by 3 feet},
paint, 4 hooks, vinyl lettering & a few screws.  That's it. :)
 
 
I painted my board black, and then after it dried
I had my handy dandy husband attach the hooks.
 
 
Backpacks are HEAVY!  {Shouldn't there be a weight limit?}
So we used our stud finder to make sure we were in the right spot.
We attached the board low on the wall, so that the backpacks touch the floor.
I didn't want all the weight on my hooks just in case.
My hubby screwed the board into the wall.  I filled the holes with wood putty.
Let it dry, then sanded it & touched up the paint.
 
 
Then I attached some vinyl lettering that said:
 
{hang backpacks here, please}
 
There you go...all done!
 
 
Wait…we need some backpacks! 
 
 
Now we’re done!
 
Hope you are having a fabulous Friday!
 
 
 
 
Linking Up Here:
 
{I link up to several link parties throughout the week.  A link to each of these blogs is on my sidebar.}
 
DIY Club
Photobucket