Ginger Snap Crafts: fab friday {4th of July}

fab friday {4th of July}

4th of July is right around the corner.
Seriously, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday.
Fireworks, cooking out, family time & being proud to be American.
What could be better than that?
{Plus it's 4 days before my wedding anniversary! :)}


Here's how I made my super easy, {cheap!} and of course, very cute 4th of July decor.


Up first is this super cute flag.
I know you've seen 2x4 flags floating around blogland.
So, here's my version.
My hubby used a 2x4 but for the "stripes"
he cut them in half,
 trimmed them 
& made them fit together perfectly.
{Isn't he smart & like I've said before so handy!}



I painted the pieces red, white & blue.
For my star, I cut a star with my Silhouette & used it like a stencil.
I painted my block white, applied the vinyl, painted it blue & then removed the vinyl.
Voila!  There's a perfect star.  Super easy!


Stack your blocks back up!


Add a bow.


All done!  So easy & cute!


Now for the USA blocks.


For my blocks I just used a 2x4 again {cut it into 4 inch blocks}.
Painted them red, white & blue, of course. :)


Applied the vinyl.
Then you can stack them however you'd like, vertical or horizontal.


Or add a bow like I did.


There you go- all done.


Display them together & you've got a fun, festive 4th of July mantel.
Let the celebration begin!  Happy Birthday, America!


Did you notice my follower count is creeping ever so closer to the 500 mark?
I am so excited.  I'm amazed and humble at all the support
my little blog has gotten since I started just under 3 months ago.
You guys are awesome.  Thank you so much.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a giveaway for a completed set of the USA blocks.
{So make sure you check back ToMoRoW to enter.}

For today, the first 3 FolLoWeRs who comment on this post will receive the USA vinyl for FreE!!!
All you'll need to do is supply the wood, paint & a little elbow grease & you'll have some cute blocks, too.
{Please leave me your email, so I can contact you!}

Have a fabulous weekend!