Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Fall Crafts with Cricut & the new Cricut EasyPress 2 {tutorial}

Easy Fall Crafts with Cricut & the new Cricut EasyPress 2 {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Cricut.

Ahhhhh! It’s September ~ one of my favorite months! Fall crafting begins! Yay! Annnnnd I am so excited to be partnering with Cricut to introduce you to the brand new Cricut EasyPress 2 which will be available this fall. Eek! I love new crafting tools. Annnnnd these guys are so great! Yes, that’s with an s. ;) The new Cricut EasyPress 2 comes in 3 sizes! Super cool! I enjoyed using the smallest one (6” by 7”) to make these easy fall crafts. Let me show you how! :)

Easy Fall Crafts with the EasyPress2 #cricut #cricutmade #cricutmaker

pumpkin crafts

fall crafts

Iron-on is one of my favorite things to work with. It wasn’t always that way though. Before I starting working with Cricut products, most of my iron-on projects wouldn’t last through one wash. That was kind of disappointing. Buuuuut fear no more! When using Cricut products (especially the Everyday, Sportflex & Glitter Iron-on) you don’t need to worry! They come with the Cricut StrongBond Guarantee. Which means that when you apply this iron-on material as directed, the results are guaranteed. If you are not happy, Cricut will replace the product for free! These three types of iron-on are made to outlast 50+ times in the washer AND dryer. Isn’t that amazing!? So get your iron-on ready! ha! The combo of Cricut iron-on produts & the Cricut EasyPress 2 can’t be beat! You will always get professional results! :)

    tshirt

With all that said, this time around I didn’t want to try the iron-on on fabric like I usually do! ha! I wanted to try it out on WOOD! I’ve been itching to try iron-on on wood for a long time. Let me tell you what you need for this project. Then I’ll tell you a little bit more about the new Cricut EasyPress 2.

For this project you will need:
this Design Space cut file (hello fall)
this Design Space cut file (leaves)
this Design Space cut file (pumpkin quote)
Cricut Iron-on, Lite
Cricut Iron-on, Foil
Cricut Maker
Cricut EasyPress 2 (6” x 7”)
Cricut EasyPress Mat (8” x 10”)
Cricut StandardGrip Cutting Mat
Cricut Essentials Tool Set

First, you’ll cut out all your material using your Cricut Maker (you could also use your Cricut Explore Air 2). You can read all about why I love my Cricut Maker here.

cricut maker #cricutmaker

cricut maker adaptive tool system

Next, you’ll weed all your iron-on material with a weeding hook.

fall crafts #crafts

Now it’s time for the fun part, applying your iron-on material to the wood. First, let me tell you a little bit about the new EasyPress 2. It comes in 3 convenient sizes. For reference, the original Cricut EasyPress only comes in the 9” x 9” size. The EasyPress 2 comes in that size as well, and it also comes in a smaller & larger size. I have the smallest one. Let me tell you! It’s so cute! The largest one is definitely on my wish list! You can check them all out at the following links.

6” x 7”: Find it here.

9” x 9”: Find it here.

12” x 10”: Find it here.

fall crafts 2

With these three size options you will definitely find an EasyPress 2 to suit every project you can imagine. The smallest one is great for small totes, baby onesies (& these cute wood projects!). The middle size is great for t-shirts, totes & more. The largest size is perfect for large totes, canvases & larger home decor projects.

What I love about all three is that are easy to learn & so simple to use. You just plug them in & in a few seconds your EasyPress 2 is warmed up & ready to go. The ceramic-coated heat plate has precise temperature control (up to 400 degrees!). It’s a nice dry, even heat which is perfect for applying iron-on. So, you can have truly professional iron-on results in 60 seconds or less. All three come with an insulated safety base which protects your crafting surface, an easy to read digital display & they all come in a fun raspberry color. I also love that the EasyPress 2 has a USB port. So updating the firmware later on will be a breeze!

For these wood projects, I heated up my EasyPress 2 to 300 degrees for 40 seconds. I ended up pressing just a little bit longer to achieve that amazing bond. Let me show how easy the EasyPress2 is to use. First, put your iron-on in the spot you’d like to it be. Place your EasyPress 2 on top. Gently press down & hold for 40 seconds.

easypress2

For wood, you use a warm peel which means you remove your backing paper while it’s still slightly warm. If your backing paper does not come off easily, just gently place it back down & reheat. When it’s adhered properly, it will come off easily.

fall crafts 1

I used this same method to make all of these cute fall crafts in just a few minutes! :)

fall crafts with Cricut

Have you started your fall crafting yet? I’d love to hear what you’re working on! Is a Cricut EasyPress 2 on your crafting wish list? Which size would you like most? All 3??!! :) It truly is one of those must have items in your craft room! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. :) Follow the hashtag #CricutMade & #Cricut for more Easy Press 2 ideas. Happy crafting! :)

Easy Fall Crafts with the EasyPress2 #cricut #cricutmade #cricutmaker

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb_thumb_thum

Yum

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.