Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Open Shelving in the Kitchen for under $100

DIY Open Shelving in the Kitchen for under $100

This post is brought to you by Life Storage.

Goooooooood morning! School started last week, so I am a little behind sharing some of my favorite projects! I’m looking forward to sharing all. the. things. with you. ha! One of those things is the DIY Open Shelving we just put up in our kitchen! I am in love! Honestly, I wasn’t sure how much I would really like open shelving. Buuuuut with a tight budget, I was willing to try it out. ha! Annnnnd it ends up that I love, love, love it! I’m sharing all the details over on the Life Storage blog. You’ll have to head over there to see how we did it! :) Buuuuut stick around here for just a little bit, & I’ll let you know 5 reasons why I love open shelving so much. :)

DIY Open Shelving for Under $100 at Life Storage

DIY_Open_Shelving_life_storage_kitchen_shelves

1. Cost

We were able to install our shelving for under $100. Compared to cabinets, this was a steal. Literally! ha!

Just FYI here’s the link to the brackets we used.

2. Ease of putting the dishes away.

Having open shelving makes putting dishes away a breeze. I can see where everything goes quickly.

3. I love the look!

I honestly love how it looks in our kitchen. It’s open & light. It makes the kitchen look bigger.

4. I got to buy new dishes. ha!

I’m not going to lie! ha! I loved having a reason to buy some new dishes.
I found these farmhouse dishes at Target. They worked perfectly!

5. All the décor options.

I’m excited about decorating these shelves for the holidays.
My ceramic snowman collection is going to look so cute this Christmas on these shelves! :)

Would you like to try open shelving? Let me know what you think in the comments below! :)

Remember you can get the open shelving tutorial right here.

DIY Open Shelving for Under $100 at Life Storage

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb_thumb_thum

Yum