Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Photo Block {tutorial}

DIY Photo Block {tutorial}

I am so excited to be participating in the fabulous Craft Lightning blog series again this month. This month’s theme is Mother’s Day. Mom would love this DIY Photo Block. Keep reading to see how easy it is to make! :)

DIY Photo Block at GingerSnapCrafts.com #DIY #photos

photo block

A few weeks ago I was able to take a quick trip down to Waco to check out Magnolia Market. It was ah-mazing! While we were there we had to stop by Harp Design Co. as well. While we were checking out their store I saw these cute photo blocks, and I totally thought, “I can make that!” So I did! :)

For this project you will need:
2x12 scrap cut down to 10 inches tall
spray paint
twine
mini clothespins
hand sander & sand paper
vinyl lettering (optional)

photo block supplies

First, I sanded & then painted my block with spray paint.
Let it dry, and then I distressed it with a hand sander.

photo block tutorial

I added some cute vinyl lettering to mine. Clint kept his plain. ;)
You can find this cute crazy blessed phrase right here.

vinyl lettering

Next, I cut a pretty long piece of twine. You can trim it later. Don’t worry!

photo block two

I wrapped it around the block of wood a couple of times & then I tied it in a knot in the back.

photo block 3

Then I added some cute mini clothespins. Adorable!

mother's day gift

Then I added some some fun family photos. Ahhhh……I love my family! :)

photo block 1

I know my favorite thing in the world is pictures of my family. I’m sure your mom is the same. :)

photo block

Check out some more Mother’s Day gift ideas below.

12 Pretty Gift Ideas for Mother's Day at GingerSnapCrafts.com #linkparty #features #mothersday_thumb[1]

12 Pretty Gift Ideas for Mother's Day

Tons of Cute & Easy Mother's Day Gift Ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com_thumb[1]

Tons of Cute & Easy Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Annnnnd don’t forget to check out the Craft Lightning: Mother’s Day Edition all week long. :)

DIY Photo Block at GingerSnapCrafts.com #DIY #photos

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb
 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.