Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Holiday Gift Tags {tutorial}

DIY Holiday Gift Tags {tutorial}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveColorfully #CollectiveBias

Good morning! Eek! Do you realized that we have exactly 2 weeks until Christmas? Yep! We are running out of time. ha! ;) If you are like me, you are still on the hunt for some of those last minute gifts, too. Annnnd one of the hardest ages to shop for is tweens. Don’t you agree? ;) They aren’t into the little kids things like toys & games, and they aren’t quite big enough for gifts you would give an older child. The good news is that I have found the perfect gift for my own tween daughter. Yay! She is super creative & loves to draw & Sharpie permanent markers have always been a favorite of hers. I found amazing gift packs at Target for an incredible deal, so I wanted to pass it along to you. I also have a tutorial for you today, too! Keep reading, & I’ll show you how to make some cute DIY Holiday Gift Tags to go along with your gifts this year. Let’s get started! :)

 
I have been a fan of Sharpie permanent markers for years! Honestly, this amazing Sharpie gift set would be the perfect gift for just about anyone ~ kids, tweens & adults! I might put it on my own list! :) Sharpies are known for their bold, bright colors, and they are full of tons of fun possibilities! These all new doodling and drawing gift sets are for every kind of artist. :) You can even find Prismacolor gift sets (another favorite!) & other fun gift pack varieties as well! You can shop HERE or click the image below. :) 


When you give a gift to someone, you are going to need a gift tag, right? ;) So, today I am excited to share how to make your own handwritten gift tags with Sharpies. Let’s get started. :) 

You will need a few supplies:
Sharpie permanent markers
printable Christmas tags (link below)
white cardstock
colored cardstock
paper trimmer
mini hole punch
adhesive
twine
light box or just a bright window


First, you will need to print out these cute Christmas tags. You can print these tags HERE or right click & save to your computer. For personal use only! Thanks! :)






You will turn on your light box. (If you don’t have a light box, no worries! You can use a bright window.) Put your pattern down first. Then place your white cardstock on top of it.


Then all you’ll do is trace the words with your Sharpie. Easy! :)


I love that Sharpie permanent markers come in so many fun colors! The metallic Sharpie markers are my favorite!


Once you have your cards drawn, adhere them to colored cardstock with some adhesive.


Punch a small hole & add some twine. Then attach to your gift for your favorite tween. :)


I just love how these tags turned out. :)

Your tween will get a kick out of making their own gift tags, too! :)


From now until December 23rd, you can save $10 off these amazing writing gift kits with the new low price of $19.99! You can get this special offer when you shop right HERE. You can also shop this offer in store. I found the Sharpie Permanent Markers Limited Edition Gift Pack (39 ct.) at my local Target store.


Annnnnd I was able to find the Prismacolor Colored Pencils Gift Pack (22 ct.) online at Target.com (with free shipping, too!).



What is your favorite gift to give your tweens? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below. :)
Do you know a tween who would love one of these gift packs? Let me know that as well.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!