Ginger Snap Crafts: Rainbow Wall Hanging {tutorial} + more rainbow craft ideas

Rainbow Wall Hanging {tutorial} + more rainbow craft ideas

Good morning! It’s time for another edition of Team Creative Crafts. This month’s theme is rainbow! A few years ago my sister, Abby had a cute baby boy, her rainbow baby! She decorated his room using rainbows, of course! I made this adorable Rainbow Wall Hanging with lots of fun rainbow colored ribbon for the nursery. By the way, this wall hanging could also double as a clippie holder if you have a girl. After the ribbon wall hanging tutorial stick around for tons of other rainbow inspried ideas from Team Creative Crafts. Let’s get started! :)

You’ll need a few supplies:
Offray 1 & 1/2 inch Grosgrain Ribbon (red, torrid orange, maize, lemon grass, electric blue, regal purple & royal orchid)
thin plywood
jig saw
cloud pattern (or freehand a cloud shape)
white acrylic paint
paint brush
sawtooth hanger
sander & sandpaper
glue gun & glue

I used a cloud shape from Silhouette to cut out a huge cloud pattern in vinyl, & then I traced it onto my plywood with a pencil. Then I removed the vinyl. If you don’t have a Silhouette you can easily freehand a cloud. It’s a pretty simple shape. Make the bottom flat & then add some puffiness to the sides & top. ;) Then cut out your cloud shape using a jig saw. Be sure to be careful & use all safety precautions and wear your safety glasses. Sand your cloud. I tried to round the edges as I sanded. Then I painted the cloud white & let it dry.

Next, I hot glued the ribbon to the back of my cloud. You might notice my ribbons are not in the right order. Oops! When I flipped it around to hang up my ROYGBIV was going the wrong direction. Yep! So make sure you put them in reverse order as you glue because when you flip it around they will be correct. ;)

After I got my ribbon in the right order, I hot glued a piece of ribbon along the top to finish it off.

Then I hot glued a hanger to the back as well. (The plywood was too thin to nail one on!)

Next I trimmed my ribbon. I liked my ribbon pretty long. It measured about 3 feet. I love, love how it turned out! So cute! My little model is pretty cute, too! :)

Check out some more rainbow inspired posts! :)

8 Rainbow Ideas

Over 12 Colorful Projects

Rainbow Themed Birthday Party with Printables

Easy Spring Rainbow Pudding Cups

Annnnnd don’t forget to give Team Creative Crafts some love!
Just look at all these rainbow projects! Click over & see how they made them.

Rainbow Sprinkle Glue Gun Seals from Laura at Me and My INKlings

Easy Felt Rainbow Bookmark from Beth at Creatively Beth

Rainbow Plaid Friendship Bracelets from Lindsay at Artsy Fartsy Mama

Free Printable Rainbow Wall Art from Laura at Laura’s Crafty Life

Rainbow Scrap Painting from Smitha at Smiling Colors

Two Ways to Make Mini Macrame Rainbows from Shani at Sunshine and Munchkins

DIY Rainbow Mobile for Baby’s Nursery from Justine at Little Dove

Printable Rainbow Bookmarks from Erica at 5 Little Monsters

Happy Go Lucky Door Hanger from Katie at the Crafty Blog Stalker

Rainbow Resin Organizer from Lindsay at Artsy Fartsy Mama

Free Printable Rainbow Quote to Color from Beth at Creatively Beth

Easy Rainbow Cupcakes from Laura at Me and My INKlings

Rainbow Maze Free Printable from Liz at Liz on Call

Sew a Rainbow Dinosaur Stuffie from Debra at Debra Quartermain Design

Color the World Printable Tag from Blanca at Creativities Galore

Rainbow Wall Hanging from Ginger at Ginger Snap Crafts

Funfetti Cookies Recipe from Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings

How to Make More Colors with Midliner Pens from Jenny at Jenny’s Crayon Collection

Let me know if you try any of these colorful projects! :)

Team Creative Crafts Rainbow Crafts” a><center>

<p align=

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.